Saturday, November 23, 2013

It's a whirlwind life...

WHEW! I can't believe how the time has flown since I last updated this blog! So much for trying to keep up with it weekly, right?

This is just a short entry tonight, to let you know why it's been so long. As you can imagine, life gets busy here. No two days are ever the same so finding time to write is difficult. Another delay in my blog posting is because I am submitting my entries to some of our administration. I want to be sure I do this the right way and would never want to put our boys in danger in some way, so I make sure that what I post online is approved. It takes a couple of days to have them read it and get back to me, so while I have written a couple blog entries to post, it may be a couple of days before I can actually post them. I do have 2 posts in the works and will hopefully be able to post them this week.

In the meantime, I had a couple of sweet exchanges with my girls this week that I wanted to write down - mostly so I will remember them in the future, so bear with me if this is boring to you! :-)

Yesterday, while helping Evy get dressed for the day, the following conversation took place:
Evy - "Mumma, do you know what's exquisite?"
Me (laughing) - "No, Evy - what?"
Evy - "You are, Mumma!"
I don't know where she ever picked up the word "exquisite" but I was quite impressed. And whose heart wouldn't melt from a comment like that?!

Tonight, while putting the girls to bed and praying with them, this conversation took place:
Ellie - "Did God maked us, Mama?"
Me - "Yes, baby, God made ALL of us."
Ellie - "God maked me and me sister?"
Me - "Yes, NaNa. God made you and your sister and Mommy and Daddy. And you know what's great? He gave us all to each other to be a family. Isn't that great?!"
Ellie - "Yes. And God maked my toothbrush?"
While it made me chuckle, it also made me thank God for her tender little heart and her sensitivity to things of God, even at such a young age. May that always be so.

I find that so much of this blog is about life with the boys. I know that's what many people want to know about and I am happy to share it because I love the boys and our life with them. But, I love our girls and I don't ever want them to get lost in the cracks. The life we have here is chaotic and has been a challenge for them to get used to, as is expected. Having to suddenly share your parents with 7 teenage boys is a lot to take in. They have been AMAZING - I can't say that enough. They are a delight to my heart. It's challenging for us to balance our roles as parents and house parents and we fail at it more often than I'd like. So, I want to be sure to give them room and to let them know they have a big spot- in our hearts and lives and here on this blog. I love my girls and I don't want them to ever doubt that, no matter where the Lord leads us and who He brings into our lives. So, thank you for bearing with me and listening to my mommy heart!

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment